Senior Audio/DSP Software Engineer
Alight Creative is seeking an experienced software engineer with a deep understanding of digital audio signal processing to lead Alight Creative’s audio offerings, including improving audio functionality in Alight Motion and Alight Engine, and leading future development of a mobile audio editing application. As a small team, we are looking for a multi-talented developer who also has experience with mobile app development, to take on a lead role in the development of future mobile products involving audio.
- Improve audio support in Alight Engine, including:
- Improving resampling & mixing
- Adding features to support visualization animations in Alight Motion
- Improving performance and quality of audio waveform thumbnail generation
- Expand Alight Engine architecture to support plugin audio effect modules
- Expand cloud-based IDE for creating Alight Motion visual effects to also support audio effects
- Help to build new features for Alight Motion such as automatic audio sync
- Help to integrate with 3rd party platforms to provide speech-to-text, audio feature detection, and so on, to enhance audio-based animation in Alight Motion.
- Assist with port of Alight Engine from Android to iOS
- Lead feature development of Alight audio editing app, including app architecture
- Mentor Junior Developers
- Deep understanding of the mathematical foundations of digital audio and DSP
- Mobile application development experience (either Android or iOS)
- Experience with C or C++, as well as at least one managed language (Java, Kotlin, C#, Swift, etc.)
- Experience building high-performance audio frameworks that interoperate between managed and unmanaged code.
- Experience development and maintaining a product with more than 10,000 daily active users
- Knowledge of or experience using relevant toolchains, build systems, development tools and platform APIs, and source control and bug tracking systems.
- 5+ years of experience in a senior software development role
- OpenGL/GLSL experience a plus
- UI development experience a plus
- Experience with serverless back ends such as Amazon Lambda or Firebase Cloud Functions a plus
- Strong English & Korean ability is a plus
About Alight Creative
We are a mobile software startup headquartered in Seoul, South Korea, building groundbreaking mobile content production apps that bring desktop-like capabilities to smartphones.
Our first mobile app offering is a full-featured motion graphics production app. Alight Motion was launched on Google Play in August 2018 and the response has been phenomenal. Join our team for a chance to be in at the beginning in the burgeoning mobile content creation space.
We are a small team so we are initially looking to hire for senior positions. Candidates will be expected to work hands-on, while being open to managing/mentoring junior developers in the future as the company grows.
We strive to create a comfortable, flexible working environment that avoids bureaucracy and hierarchy so we can focus on our passion of building amazing apps to empower mobile content creators.
- Flexible Telecommuting: Work in the office two days a week; work from wherever you like three days a week (this can be the office, your home, a cafe, anywhere).
- Collaboration tools: A variety of collaboration tools are provided to make working remotely easy and efficient (and new ideas are always welcomed).
- Flexible vacation time: Set your own work rhythm. Take time off when you need it to refresh yourself or come up with new ideas.
- Flat hierarchy: We encourage lateral communication and independent decision making. For most decisions, there is no need for “management approval”. Additionally, we follow the modern trend of choosing equal work “nicknames” rather than using traditional Korean “honorific” system of hierarchical titles.
- Select your Equipment: Choose whatever model you prefer for your work laptop/workstation, within a generous fixed budget.
- Educational support: We support work related books & education expenses.
- Alight Day: after gathering suggestions from the team, we periodically take a working day out of the office to have fun and eat delicious food.
How to Apply
- Send your resume, and any other materials (portfolio, GitHub link, etc.) to email@example.com. Be sure to mention the position you are applying for in the subject line.
- Feel free to ask if you have any questions about the Alight Creative team, the work environment, or our products and services.