Senior iOS Developer
Alight Creative is seeking an experienced iOS developer to lead continuing development of the port of Alight Motion on iOS. In this role, you will work directly with the CTO to build the iOS version of Alight Motion, gradually taking over full responsibility for the iOS version of the app. As a small team, we are looking for multi-talented developers who can help us build out the app and engine functionality and expand our cloud platform. As such, experience with graphics (Metal and OpenGL ES) will be key, and related skills (Audio/DSP, etc.) are strongly preferred. The role includes coding, architecture, and management responsibilities.
- Lead development of Alight Motion for iOS in Swift
- Design client-side architecture for Alight Motion on iOS
- Implement Alight Motion rendering engine on iOS and assist with UI implementation
- Oversee integration of Alight Motion for iOS with Alight Cloud
- Mentor Junior Developers
- Strong Swift skills
- Professional mobile photo/video processing or mobile game development experience
- Experience developing and maintaining an app with more than 50,000 daily active users
- Experience building custom UI components
- Metal or OpenGL ES mobile rendering experience
- Experience with either or both of Android NDK and/or iOS with C++/Objective-C
- Knowledge of or experience using relevant toolchains, build systems, development tools and platform APIs, and source control and bug tracking systems.
- 5+ years of experience in a senior software development role
- Android development experience a plus
- Audio/DSP experience a plus
- Experience with serverless back ends such as Amazon Lambda or Firebase Cloud Functions a plus
- Strong English & Korean ability is a plus
About Alight Creative
We are a mobile software startup headquartered in Seoul, South Korea, building groundbreaking mobile content production apps that bring desktop-like capabilities to smartphones.
Our first mobile app offering is a full-featured motion graphics production app. Alight Motion was launched on Google Play in August 2018 and the response has been phenomenal. Join our team for a chance to be in at the beginning in the burgeoning mobile content creation space.
We are a small team so we are initially looking to hire for senior positions. Candidates will be expected to work hands-on, while being open to managing/mentoring junior developers in the future as the company grows.
We strive to create a comfortable, flexible working environment that avoids bureaucracy and hierarchy so we can focus on our passion of building amazing apps to empower mobile content creators.
- Flexible Telecommuting: Work in the office two days a week; work from wherever you like three days a week (this can be the office, your home, a cafe, anywhere).
- Collaboration tools: A variety of collaboration tools are provided to make working remotely easy and efficient (and new ideas are always welcomed).
- Flexible vacation time: Set your own work rhythm. Take time off when you need it to refresh yourself or come up with new ideas.
- Flat hierarchy: We encourage lateral communication and independent decision making. For most decisions, there is no need for “management approval”. Additionally, we follow the modern trend of choosing equal work “nicknames” rather than using traditional Korean “honorific” system of hierarchical titles.
- Select your Equipment: Choose whatever model you prefer for your work laptop/workstation, within a generous fixed budget.
- Educational support: We support work related books & education expenses.
- Alight Day: after gathering suggestions from the team, we periodically take a working day out of the office to have fun and eat delicious food.
How to Apply
- Send your resume, and any other materials (portfolio, GitHub link, etc.) to firstname.lastname@example.org. Be sure to mention the position you are applying for in the subject line.
- Feel free to ask if you have any questions about the Alight Creative team, the work environment, or our products and services.