Senior Graphics Engine Developer (OpenGL)
Alight Creative is seeking an experienced software engineer with a deep understanding of 3D graphics to lead ongoing development of Alight Engine, including enhancing Alight Engine features on Android and managing the port of Alight Engine to iOS. As a small team, we are looking for multi-talented developers who can also help us improve the app user interface and cloud service.
- Lead future development of Alight Engine
- Expand Alight Engine architecture to better support 3D rendering
- Implement support for wide-gamut color and implement real-time color grading tools such as LUT support and various color grading scopes (Vectorscope, RGB Parade, and so on).
- Optimize Alight Engine to improve performance
- Build new visual effects (primarily, this involves shader programming)
- Take over ongoing development cloud-based IDE for creating visual effects for Alight Motion
- Mentor Junior Developers
- Strong OpenGL skillset
- Deep understanding of the mathematical foundations of 3D computer graphics
- Strong shader skillset (GLSL or similar)
- Experience with C or C++, as well as at least one managed language (Java, Kotlin, C#, Swift, etc.)
- Experience developing and maintaining a product with more than 10,000 daily active users
- Knowledge of or experience using relevant toolchains, build systems, development tools and platform APIs, and source control and bug tracking systems.
- 5+ years of experience in a senior software development role
- Experience with Vulkan or Metal a plus
- Android or iOS development experience a plus
- Kotlin or Swift experience a plus
- OpenGL ES mobile rendering experience a plus
- Understanding of core animation principles such as motion easing, stretch and squash, and so on.
- Audio/DSP experience a plus
- Experience with serverless back ends such as Amazon Lambda or Firebase Cloud Functions a plus
- Strong English & Korean ability is a plus
About Alight Creative
We are a mobile software startup headquartered in Seoul, South Korea, building groundbreaking mobile content production apps that bring desktop-like capabilities to smartphones.
Our first mobile app offering is a full-featured motion graphics production app. Alight Motion was launched on Google Play in August 2018 and the response has been phenomenal. Join our team for a chance to be in at the beginning in the burgeoning mobile content creation space.
We are a small team so we are initially looking to hire for senior positions. Candidates will be expected to work hands-on, while being open to managing/mentoring junior developers in the future as the company grows.
We strive to create a comfortable, flexible working environment that avoids bureaucracy and hierarchy so we can focus on our passion of building amazing apps to empower mobile content creators.
- Flexible Telecommuting: Work in the office two days a week; work from wherever you like three days a week (this can be the office, your home, a cafe, anywhere).
- Collaboration tools: A variety of collaboration tools are provided to make working remotely easy and efficient (and new ideas are always welcomed).
- Flexible vacation time: Set your own work rhythm. Take time off when you need it to refresh yourself or come up with new ideas.
- Flat hierarchy: We encourage lateral communication and independent decision making. For most decisions, there is no need for “management approval”. Additionally, we follow the modern trend of choosing equal work “nicknames” rather than using traditional Korean “honorific” system of hierarchical titles.
- Select your Equipment: Choose whatever model you prefer for your work laptop/workstation, within a generous fixed budget.
- Educational support: We support work related books & education expenses.
- Alight Day: after gathering suggestions from the team, we periodically take a working day out of the office to have fun and eat delicious food.
How to Apply
- Send your resume, and any other materials (portfolio, GitHub link, etc.) to firstname.lastname@example.org. Be sure to mention the position you are applying for in the subject line.
- Feel free to ask if you have any questions about the Alight Creative team, the work environment, or our products and services.