Oooooh!!! <Ghost Noises> It's that spoooky time of year! Make a Halloween video or animation project in Alight Motion and post it publicly on YouTube, Instagram, Twitter, or Facebook with the hashtags #AlightMotion and #AMHalloween and you could win Alight Motion clothing or accessories, and shoutouts in the Alight Motion news feed!
ENTRY FORM: CLICK HERE
Entry and Other Notes
Here's what you need to know to take part!
- Use Alight Motion (available on Google Play!) to create a short Halloween-themed video or animation with the following characteristics.
- Video must be less than fifteen (15) seconds in length.
- Video must be safe-for-work: no nudity, no hate speech, no violence, no drug use, etc.
- If you use other apps to make your video, you must state so on your application. You must have the right to use all content in your video, including video, images, and music. (COPYRIGHT FREE IMAGES/VIDEO: https://www.pexels.com)
- If your music is not copyright free, you must be able to certify that you have the rights to it. (COPYRIGHT FREE MUSIC: https://www.youtube.com/audiolibrary/music?nv=1)
- Your video can be in any language, but if it’s in a language other than English, please provide English subtitles. (Google Translate is fine :)
- Share your video publicly to YouTube, Instagram, Twitter, or Facebook with the hashtags #AlightMotion AND #AMHalloween before 11:59PM Pacific Standard Time on October 30th, 2019 to be considered.
- Fill in the sign-up form (you must complete this form to be eligible to win).
- You may make as many different submissions as you like!
- Your social media handles, your video titles and descriptions, and your video content may be shared publicly when announcing the results.
- Be sure to read the full contest rules below. (By participating, you agree to these rules!)
Want to make a Halloween video but stuck on ideas? Try some of these ghoulishly clever ideas!!
- A fan edit of your favorite GHOSTS! (No copyrighted ghosts, keep these strictly super-old dead people or your own creation)
- A short scene where you hear noises from another room in the house, but when you investigate you find only the cat....AND THE GHOST OF HALLOWEEN PAST!
- An animated comic strip about a ghost that finds love... AND TAKES IT AND EVERYTHING IN EXISTENCE TO THE GRAVE!!
- A short documentary on candy corn.
- A music video about good times, best friends AND A GHOST DESTROYS SOULS AND LEAVES THE WORLD IN DARKNESS AND DESPAIR!!
- A ghostly ghosted ghost with EXTRA GHOSTS!
Basically anything that worked on Vine is probably cool. Just make something with ghosts. Ghosts are cool. Get creative with blending modes for semi-transparent goodness! (Don't worry, anything Halloween-themed is fine!)
Selection Process & Prizes
On October 31st, a panel of judges consisting of Alight Motion Staff and partners will choose up to three (3) videos as winners of the Alight Motion Halloween 2019 Contest.
Upon selection, winners will be announced as soon as possible via the social media channels listed below, and will also be contacted privately via the email address provided on the contest application form.
YouTube Community: https://www.youtube.com/alightmotion/community
Instagram Stories: https://www.instagram.com/alightmotion
The prizes are as follows.
First Prize: An item of Alight Motion clothing of the winner's choosing
Second Prize: An Alight Motion tote bag, or phone case of the winner’s choosing
Third Prize: An Alight Motion mug of the winner’s choosing.
All prizes can be seen on the Alight Motion Teespring Store: https://teespring.com/stores/alight-motion
Winners will be contacted by email within one (1) week of the public announcement. In order to ship prizes we will require a mailing address. Winners must respond to our email within thirty (30) days, or else their prize may be forfeit.
Please note that while shipping is included, the payment of any and all import taxes for any prizes are the sole responsibility of the winner.
Winners may be asked to show their Alight Motion Project Package upon winning to verify the project's origins.
These Contest Rules ("Contest Rules", “Rules”, “Agreement”) constitute an agreement between you (“you”, “the Entrant”, or “Entrants”) and Alight Creative, Inc. ("us", "we", or "our", “Alight Creative”), and govern your participation in the Alight Motion Halloween 2019 Contest (“the Contest”).
1: NO PURCHASE NECESSARY: Though entrants must download Alight Motion to participate, no purchase is required.
2: SPONSOR: Prizes for the contest are provided by Alight Creative.
3: ELIGIBILITY: The contest is open to anyone over the age of 18, or the legal age in the entrant's country of residence. Anyone under the age of 18, or the legal age in their country of residence may participate with the permission of their legal guardian. Employees and contractors of Alight Creative are not eligible to participate. This promotion is void where prohibited by law.
4: AGREEMENT: Participation in the Contest constitutes the Entrant’s full and unconditional agreement to and acceptance of all Official Rules printed here and in applicable promotion postings as well as all decisions of the contest organizer. Participation and winning are contingent upon the fulfillment of all requirements issued here. Alight Creative reserves the right in their sole discretion to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend this promotion if security, fairness, or proper conduct has been compromised. Any person found to be tampering with the entry process or otherwise in violation of these rules will be disqualified. Alight Creative reserves the right to seek damages from any such person to the extent permitted by law.
5: ENTRY: Entry instructions and the start and end dates and times of the contest will be posted publicly in a page for the contest on the Alight Creative website in the Support section under Events (the Contest Posting) and will be linked to via Twitter and other social media sites.
6: WINNER SELECTION: After the contest entry period has concluded, Winners will be selected by a judge or panel of judges chosen by Alight Creative in accordance with the criteria and terms outlined in the Contest Posting.
7: WINNER NOTIFICATION: Winners will be notified privately by the contact email address provided on the contest application form, within one (1) week of the end of the entry period unless other terms are specified in the Contest Posting. Winners will also be announced publicly via social media. If a winner does not respond to the email within the specified time frame, Alight Creative may disqualify that winner and select an alternate winner. Alight Creative shall not be liable for a winner’s failure to transmit accurate contact information or failure to receive properly sent notices as a result of faulty email security. To request the name(s) of the winner(s) of this promotion, email firstname.lastname@example.org. Requests must be received within 30 days of the entry period’s end.
8: PRIZES: Prizes for the contest will be disclosed in the Contest Posting and transmitted to the winner(s) within one month of confirmation of eligibility. Prizes are non-transferable and will not be substituted except at the discretion of Alight Creative, which reserves the right to substitute a prize of equal or greater value at its sole discretion. Any and all prize-related expenses, including without limitation any and all federal, state, and/or local taxes, are the sole responsibility of the winner. The receipt by winner of the prize offered in the contest herein is conditioned upon compliance with any and all relevant laws and regulations.
9: ENDORSEMENT: By participating in the contest, entrants acknowledge that the contest is in no way endorsed by, sponsored by, administered by, or affiliated with any social media service upon which any part of the contest is conducted.
10: RIGHTS: Entrants hereby grant Alight Creative a non-exclusive, perpetual, worldwide license to publish, store, reproduce, and distribute any submission transmitted here as part of the contest without compensation. Entrants represent and warrant that they have full legal right, power, and authority to grant the foregoing license. Alight Creative is under no obligation to use or return any submissions; Alight Creative reserves the right to use any and all information related to the contest, including names and submissions provided by the entrants, for editorial, marketing, and other purposes without further compensation unless prohibited by law.
11: LIMITATION OF LIABILITY: Entrants agree to release and hold harmless Alight Creative, and their affiliates, advertising agencies, employees, and contractors from any liability or litigation that may occur, directly or indirectly and regardless of negligence, from (i) participation in the contest and the acceptance or use of any prize; (ii) technical failures of any kind, including but not limited to the malfunctioning of computer hardware or software or the unavailability of any internet service; and (iii) any unauthorized tampering or electronic or human error that may occur in the administration of the contest.
12: GOVERNING LAW: Unless otherwise required by applicable law, these Rules shall be governed and construed in accordance with the laws of the Republic of Korea, without regard to its conflict of law provisions. Any disputes or lawsuits that do arise between us, out of or in relation to or in connection with these Terms or for the breach thereof, they shall be submitted to the competent court having jurisdiction over the place where the head office of Alight Creative is located.