What are Alight Motion Monthly Challenges?
Please know we are currently not running Monthly Challenges. If you are interested in this type of event, please let us know on social media!
Monthly Challenges are opportunities for you to flex your Alight Motion skills, level up your animation and motion graphics abilities, and show off what you make in Alight Motion. The best entries have a chance to be featured in the Home tab in Alight Motion and on our social media accounts, and seen by millions of users.
Challenges are announced at the start of the month, and cover a wide range of topics, so even if this month’s challenge doesn’t fit your skill set, stick around—an upcoming challenge probably will! Some challenges come with an optional bonus challenge. It’s completely up to you whether you want to take on the bonus challenge, but you might get a special shout-out if you do!.
One important note! If you want a chance to be featured in the Alight Motion app itself, you have to follow the eligibility rules below carefully.
We look forward to seeing your awesome creations!
How do I participate?
To participate, simply follow these steps:
- Create a video in Alight Motion based on the current challenge and post it online in a place that is publicly visible with the correct hashtags. Make sure it meets the eligibility requirements below.
- Fill out the participation form: (View/Submit Participation Form)
- Wait to see if your video is selected!
In order to be eligible, your video must meet ALL of these criteria:
- Main Challenge: Your video must fulfill the requirements of the main challenge (bonus challenges are optional, and may increase your chances of being featured, but you’ll still be eligible even if you don’t do the bonus challenge).
- Participation Form: You must fill out the participation form in order to be eligible
- Copyright and other IP Rights: You must have rights to the video and all of the media (video, images, audio, and so on) used in the video. If you use royalty-free music or media, you must credit the source in the post. If anyone other than yourself appears in the video, be sure to get a talent release from them (you don’t need to send it to us, but you need to keep it in case we ask).
- Made in Alight Motion: The video must be made primarily in Alight Motion. Use of other apps in combination with Alight Motion is allowed, but you have to credit all of the apps in your post and explain how each was used.
- Posted Publicly: Your video must be shared publicly.
- Not Ephemeral: Your video must not be posted somewhere where it will automatically disappear after some time. In other words, Instagram Stories, Snapchat, Twitter Fleets, YouTube Stories, and so on are not allowed (you are free to post in these places in addition to another post, but ephemeral posts alone will not qualify you for consideration)
- Correct Hashtags: Your video must include all of the hashtags listed in the challenge, and the hashtags must be spelled correctly.
- Suitable for all audiences: Your video must NOT contain any profanity, nudity, adult themes, realistic violence, or anything generally not nice.
How are videos selected?
At the beginning of each month, our panel of judges will review all of the submissions from the previous month that meet our eligibility rules. Our panel is composed of Alight Motion team members and special partners. Besides the basic eligibility requirements, here are some things we consider when we review
- Is the video well-made, interesting, and fun?
- Does the video showcase your talents AND show off what Alight Motion can do?
- Is the video creative, fresh, and unique?
- Is the video suitable for all audiences? (Can all of our users enjoy it?)
- For videos with text or voiceover, Can the video be understood or appreciated, even if the viewer doesn’t speak the language used in the video?
Important: if you are selected, we might ask you to send a copy of your video file, if we are unable to download it from where it was initially posted.
Is there a deadline?
The deadline for each monthly challenge is 11:59PM GMT on the last day of the month..
Selected videos will typically be posted during the first or second week of the following month, but we reserve the right to take our time if we have to—making the app better is always our highest priority!
What if I still have questions?
If you have any questions at all, please feel free to reach out to us over DM (Facebook, Twitter), or a post comment (Instagram, YouTube).
You can also contact us via email@example.com. If you do so, please make sure to include the text "Monthly Challenge" in the subject of your email!
We’re looking forward to seeing your awesome creations! Happy video making!